💧 Final Project

        


01/07/21 - 08/07/21 (Week 14 - Week 15)
Ng Mei Ying (0340563)
Design Research Dissertation
Final Project: Journal Publication 40%



INSTRUCTION




Final Project: Journal Publication


(W14) 01/07/21: Journal Writing (stage 1)

This week, I continued with the journal article writing using the KREATE publication format given by the lecturer in Google classroom. I start the journal draft writing by importing the information that was relevant to the colour design sub-topic from the draft dissertation writings. All of the unnecessary information was removed as there were word count limitations for journal writings. Apart from that, I reconstructed all of the lengthy sentences into concise writings to ensure the key information related to visual aesthetics colour design was well covered in the journal writing. 

Fig 1.0   Taylor's KREATE Journal Publication Template

Fig 1.1   Abstract writing process in Microsoft Word

Fig 1.2   Discussion & findings writing process in Microsoft Word

Fig 1.3   Research instrument table design in Microsoft Word

Feedback from Dr Hayati: 1) The lecturer mentioned that the dissertation feedback PDF will be given by this week. However, I should continue to complete the article writing while waiting for the feedback PDF. 2) The citation format in the reference list is not correct and I needed to follow exactly the citation format provided on the Taylor’s Library website. 3) The tab spacing for the sentence opening of the reference list is too far, the distance is needed to keep it within 0.5cm. 4) The content needed to be rephrased concisely and avoid direct pasting it from the dissertation writings. The lecturer mentioned she will open a new window for the submission of a complete dissertation PDF 

Reflection: Comparing with the lengthy dissertation writing, the biggest challenge for journal article writing is to summarise the relevant key information in the form of concise writing. One thing to be grateful for is the journal publication template has been designed by Taylor's KREATE specifically for scholarly works. Hence, it saved a lot of time for students from spending unnecessary time searching for a suitable journal publication template. Although I was not sure about who designs the template, I found the Merriweather font was indeed visually enjoyable to read while compared with Arial and TimeNewRoman. (Thumbs up for the designer)




(W15) 08/07/21: Journal Writing (stage 2)

This week, I continue to complete the rest of the article writings based on the dissertation writing with some sentence amendment. Besides, the new diagram was designed specifically for the discussion part of the journal publication. The research instruments were included in the appendix area as well. Besides, I proceed to do the further amendment for the draft dissertation and it will be submitted this Sunday for Turnitin Plagiarism Check. After getting the feedback from the lecturer, I continue to refine the writings of the journal articles. Based on the feedback given by the lecturer, I moved the animation poster images from the introduction area to the discussion area as usual, the introduction part would not include any images unless the images are related to the content.

    Fig 2.0   Diagram Design for Journal Article

    Fig 2.1   Complete  Journal Publication (final)

    Reflection: I'm glad that I was able to accomplish this module after enduring so much study pressure in this most demanding semester learnings. There were several times I was thinking to give up on my project as I knew that it's a mission impossible to juggling multiple time-consuming modules at the same time. I really appreciated that my lecturer was much more forgiving of my working flaws instead of being fastidious, and it encouraged me to try my very best for this module.

    Comments

    👇👇👇 Check out more 👇👇👇